Methods for Meta-Analysis in Medical Research Description.
With meta-analysis methods playing a crucial role in health research in recent years, this important and clearly-written book provides a much-needed survey of the field.
Meta-analysis provides a framework for combining the results of several clinical trials and drawing inferences about the effectiveness of medical treatments. The move towards evidence-based health care and practice is underpinned by the use of meta-analysis. This book:
* Provides a thorough criticism and an up-to-date survey of meta-analysis methods
* Emphasises the practical approach, and illustrates the methods by numerous examples
* Describes the use of Bayesian methods in meta-analysis
* Includes discussion of appropriate software for each analysis
* Includes numerous references to more advanced treatment of specialist topics
* Refers to software code used in the examples available on the authors' Web site
Practising statisticians, statistically-minded clinicians and health research professionals will benefit greatly from the clear presentation and numerous examples. Medical researchers will grasp the basic principles of meta-analysis, and learn how to apply the various methods..
Read Methods for Meta-Analysis in Medical Research complete books online for free. Reading Methods for Meta-Analysis in Medical Research full free books online without downloading.
Looking up to the full article E-Books free download? Here you can read
Methods for Meta-Analysis in Medical Research . You can also read and download new and old full E-Books. Enjoy and relax with full Methods for Meta-Analysis in Medical Research Books Online.